Business Premises Insurance

Commercial Premises Insurance for Shops, Offices, and Workshops
– Keep Your Doors Open

Get a quote 01132206627

Business Premises Insurance

Whether you run your business from an office, a shop, a workshop or any other kind of business premises, insurance is vital to keeping the doors open.

A serious incident, be it flood, fire, or a break-in, could have very serious implications – so you need to know that you have the required insurance to recover quickly if the worse should happen.

At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you find the right cover – protection that’s matched to the risks you face – at the right price.

Our Insurance Cover for Your Business Premises

We’ll draw on our 15 years’ experience to help find you insurance that protects you, your business, customers, employees, and the general public.

Our insurance for business premises is comprehensive and flexible. Simply add optional extra covers to build protection that’s right for your business.


We Offer the Following*1&2

  • Contents.

  • Accidental damage.

  • Glass.

  • Business interruption.

  • Employers liability.

  • Public and products liability.

  • Book debts/account receivable.

  • Money in safe.

  • Money on premises.

  • Legal expenses.

  • Subsidence.

  • Loss of rent receivable.

  • Tenants improvements.

  • Terrorism.

  • Goods in transit.

  • Buildings.

The Power Behind Your Business

We provide the power to  protect your business premises and keep the doors open, so you can continue to look after your customers.

Your contents, stock, and equipment are typically an important part of your business – without them it may difficult to continue to trade. But if you own the building you need to think about cover for the building itself.

We appreciate that you’re probably rushed off your feet and may not have time to spend researching the different insurances you may need for your business premises. Whether it’s a shop or office you operate from, we arrange flexible insurance that can be adapted to your individual needs from our panel of UK based insurers.

Put us to the test – contact us today to see how we can help.

Get a quote 01132206627

Why Choose Us?

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services is a trading name of SME Insurance Services (SMEI). We’ve been providing business insurance since 2002 and now arrange over 35,000 policies spanning the UK.

We’ve the experience and expertise to help you find the insurance you’re looking for. We’re part of a global insurance broker, so we employ the size and scale of our business to help negotiate with insurers the best possible price and cover we can, for the benefit of our customers.

Rest assured, we’re here to support you during the lifetime of your insurance – from setting up the cover, right the way through to renewal, and importantly we provide a professional claims advocacy service to look after you every step of the way in the event of a claim.

Filter by:

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is designed to protect businesses when they suffer losses while carrying out their usual activities, and is particularly important if a business finds itself facing a claim for compensation. Specific business insurance cover features may include employers liability insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party or damage to their property. It covers the cost of compensation, damages, and any legal costs incurred by third parties in making a successful legal claim against you. As an example, if you installed some wiring that later caused a fire which damaged or destroyed a building, and it was later deemed that you were negligent, your contractors public liability insurance would pay the costs and compensation – up to the maximum level of cover (or limit of indemnity) indicated on your policy.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

There’s no legal requirement to have public liability insurance in place, so it’s up to you to decide if you need it – though we’d recommend getting expert advice before deciding not to take it out. It’s fair to say that many businesses that interact with the general public – including tradesmen of most types – will typically take out public liability insurance.

How Much Public Liability Insurance do I Need?

The level of protection you take out depends on the type of risks you face. It’s really an individual decision based on the nature of each business – though it’s worth finding out what level of cover potential clients expect you to have. There may be a minimum requirement of cover required depending on the nature of the job – for example if it’s a commercial contract for a council they may require a higher level of cover compared to a domestic job. We offer public liability cover ranging from £1 million up to £10 million, depending on the insurer.

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Employers Liability?

They are very different policies. In essence, employers liability protects against death or injury to employees whilst at work, while public liability protects against death or injury and damage to property, affecting everyone apart from employees, and which comes about as a result of your work.

What is Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers liability insurance protects you in the event you are held legally liable for accidental death or injury of your employees at work or in connection with your business. It also covers legal costs incurred by employees in making successful legal claims against you.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance?

There are some exceptions, but if your business has at least one employee then the likelihood is you will need employers liability insurance. That’s because The Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998, made employers liability insurance cover of at least £5 million compulsory for any individual or company with employees. The exceptions include: - Limited companies where the owner is the only employee, and owns 50% or more of the issued shares. - Businesses that are not limited companies and only employ close family members

What is an Employee?

An employee is someone who works part-time or full-time under an employment contract.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Temporary Workers?

Yes, the requirement for employers liability insurance extends to businesses using temporary or casual workers that are employed on a short-term contract and ad-hoc basis – whether they are clerical or manual workers.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Sub-contractors?

That depends on whether you use “labour-only” or what’s known as “Bona Fide” sub-contractors. You’ll need employers liability insurance if you use labour-only sub-contractors – but Bona Fide sub-contractors are not treated as employees for insurance purposes.

*1 Cover may differ dependent upon insurer.

*2 As with most insurance – terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. You can request full details by simply contacting us.


Related News

Make Sure You’re Properly Protected

22nd January 2018

Not all insurance policies are the same – so you may need expert help before you buy.

Certsure Announces New Relationship with SME Insurance Services

11th August 2017

Providing NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services to tradespeople in the UK

A Quick Guide to Insurance

20th July 2017

From Liability Protection to Motor and Property – Find out Which Types of Insurance you Might Need