Skip to main content

Heating engineer insurance

Affordable insurance for heating engineers - especially tailored for you

Insurance to protect your livelihood

Where your livelihood is concerned, leave nothing to chance. Make sure you’re safeguarded against accidents and the unexpected with insurance cover that protects you and your business – including comprehensive, affordable heating engineers insurance.

At NICEIC Insurance services, we draw on our wealth of experience to provide our customers with tailored heating engineers insurance, at a competitive price.

Our heating engineers insurance cover

We appreciate how busy you must be, therefore you may not have the time to search around for the insurance you need for you and your business.

Some online providers such as direct insurers or comparison sites may require you to know exactly what cover you need in order to get a quote. But can you be sure you’ve got the appropriate type of cover and you’re insured for the right amount ‒ and don’t leave yourself exposed to under insurance?

This is where we can help. Simply contact us and we’ll do the hard work of approaching our specialist and leading UK insurers for you. We’ll ask you some straightforward questions to guide you through the process, so you get the cover you need quickly and easily.

And, the best bit...

Registered NICEIC contractors get 10% off the cost of their electrical contractors insurance!

Get a quote now

The power behind your business

NICEIC Insurance services provides the power to protect you and your business from the unforeseen, so you can look after your customers with peace of mind knowing you’re covered. Heating engineers working in most situations can be covered across domestic, commercial and industrial premises. The core liability covers can be expanded by adding a range of optional extras, to create tailored protection to suit your individual needs. 

Why choose us?

NICEIC Insurance services is part of Marsh Commercial, an award-winning2 expert in insurance and risk management. We currently provide more than 35,000 business insurance policies for over 21,000 customers across the UK, so it’s safe to say we have the experience and expertise to help our business insurance customers obtain the cover they’re after, at the right price.

That extensive experience means our team is ideally placed to find the heating engineers insurance you need. Our size and scale enables us to offer quotes from a panel of UK insurers – and to negotiate the best possible price and cover we can on your behalf.

The support we provide doesn’t stop once you’ve taken out your cover, in fact it extends throughout our relationship – from changes you may need part way through the year, ensuring your cover continues to meet your needs at renewal, right the way through to providing an essential, dedicated claims advocacy service you can rely on in the event of a claim.




Frequently asked questions

The starting point in determining what plumbing insurance you need is assessing the type of work you do and where, whether you employ people, own a van, and operate from a shop or office. Common business requirements are public liability insurance for plumbers, professional indemnity cover, and employers liability insurance (compulsory for most businesses that employ one or more people). These form part of the standard features in our liability cover for plumbing, heating, and gas engineers. It's also advisable to look at covers like property insurance if you have a shop, office, workshop, or other business premises; commercial vehicle cover if you have a van, for instance; and tools insurance. We can also add covers such as personal accident and income protection if you need them. For more information, read our quick guide to insurance.

The exact heating engineers insurance you need depends on the type of job you do and your work locations. Other factors will also come into play, such as whether you have employees working for you, operating from business premises, or driving a business vehicle like a van. If you employ people, there's a good chance you'll need employers liability (which is compulsory for most businesses that employ one or more people). Other core cover features like public liability and professional indemnity are included as standard (amongst other covers) in our liability cover for plumbing, heating, and gas engineers. Once you have the essential liability cover sorted, you may want to include other features like commercial vehicle insurance, cover for business premises, tools insurance, income protection, and personal accident. For more information, read our quick guide to insurance.

The exact mix of gas engineers insurance cover features you need depends on the nature of your work, whether you employ people or not, and whether you have a van you use for business. You may need employers liability (compulsory for most businesses that employ one or more people), public liability, and professional indemnity. These are standard features (amongst other covers) in our liability cover for plumbing, heating, and gas engineers. Depending on the nature of your business, you may need insurance for business premises such as a shop, office, or workshop. You may also require commercial insurance for a van and covers like tools, personal accident, and income protection. For more information, read our quick guide to insurance.

FREE business insurance check

Our FREE no-obligation business insurance check will compare the cover, service and price you're currently getting against what we can provide you as a NICEIC member. We'll identify if you're missing out on valuable enhanced benefits – and potentially save you money. We also include electrical vehicle charging installation insurance as standard, at no extra cost.

Registered NICEIC contractors get 10% off their electrical contactors insurance!