Plumbing, Heating, and Gas Engineers Insurance

Affordable Insurance for Plumbing, Heating, and Gas Engineers
– Especially Tailored for You

Get a quote 01132206627

Insurance to Protect Your Livelihood

Where your livelihood is concerned, leave nothing to chance. Make sure you’re safeguarded against accidents and the unexpected with insurance cover that protects you and your business – including comprehensive, affordable liability insurance for plumbing, heating, and gas engineers.

At NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services, we draw on our wealth of experience to provide our customers with tailored plumbing, heating, and gas engineers insurance, at a competitive price.

Our Plumbing, Heating and Gas Engineers Insurance Cover

We appreciate how busy you must be, therefore you may not have the time to search around for the insurance you need for you and your business.

Some online providers such as direct insurers or comparison sites may require you to know exactly what cover you need in order to get a quote. But can you be sure you’ve got the appropriate type of cover and you’re insured for the right amount ‒ and don’t leave yourself exposed to underinsurance?

This is where we can help. Simply contact us and we’ll do the hard work of approaching our specialist and leading UK insurers for you. We’ll ask you some straightforward questions to guide you through the process, so you get the cover you need quickly and easily.

We Offer the Following*1&2

  • Employers liability cover of £10 million.

  • Cover for loss or damage to tools and office equipment.

  • Goods in transit.

  • Cover for contract works.

  • Cover for your own plant and hired in plant.

  • Cover for temporary employees up to 50 days per year.

  • Free 24 hour business legal helpline.

The Power Behind Your Business

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services provides the power to protect you and your business from the unforeseen, so you can look after your customers with peace of mind knowing you’re covered.

Heating, plumbing, and gas engineers working in most situations can be covered  across domestic, commercial and industrial premises in Great Britain, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, and Northern Ireland. Temporary work in the EU is also included as standard too.

The core liability covers – public and employers liability – can be expanded by adding a range of optional extras, to create tailored protection to suit your individual needs.

Get a quote 01132206627

Why Choose Us?

NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services is a trading name of SME Insurance Services (SMEi) – an insurance broker with over 15 years’ experience and arranging insurance for more than 35,000 policies across the UK.

That extensive experience means our team is ideally placed to find the plumbing, heating, and gas engineers insurance you need. Our size and scale enables us to offer quotes from a panel of UK insurers – and to negotiate the best possible price and cover we can on your behalf.

The support we provide doesn’t stop once you’ve taken out your cover, in fact it extends throughout our relationship – from changes you may need part way through the year, ensuring your cover continues to meet your needs at renewal, right the way through to providing an essential, dedicated claims advocacy service you can rely on in the event of a claim.

Filter by:

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

What is Business Insurance?

Business insurance is designed to protect businesses when they suffer losses while carrying out their usual activities, and is particularly important if a business finds itself facing a claim for compensation. Specific business insurance cover features may include employers liability insurance, public liability insurance, and professional indemnity insurance.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business if negligence on your part causes injury to a third party or damage to their property. It covers the cost of compensation, damages, and any legal costs incurred by third parties in making a successful legal claim against you. As an example, if you installed some wiring that later caused a fire which damaged or destroyed a building, and it was later deemed that you were negligent, your contractors public liability insurance would pay the costs and compensation – up to the maximum level of cover (or limit of indemnity) indicated on your policy.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

There’s no legal requirement to have public liability insurance in place, so it’s up to you to decide if you need it – though we’d recommend getting expert advice before deciding not to take it out. It’s fair to say that many businesses that interact with the general public – including tradesmen of most types – will typically take out public liability insurance.

How Much Public Liability Insurance do I Need?

The level of protection you take out depends on the type of risks you face. It’s really an individual decision based on the nature of each business – though it’s worth finding out what level of cover potential clients expect you to have. There may be a minimum requirement of cover required depending on the nature of the job – for example if it’s a commercial contract for a council they may require a higher level of cover compared to a domestic job. We offer public liability cover ranging from £1 million up to £10 million, depending on the insurer.

What is the Difference Between Public Liability and Employers Liability?

They are very different policies. In essence, employers liability protects against death or injury to employees whilst at work, while public liability protects against death or injury and damage to property, affecting everyone apart from employees, and which comes about as a result of your work.

What is Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers liability insurance protects you in the event you are held legally liable for accidental death or injury of your employees at work or in connection with your business. It also covers legal costs incurred by employees in making successful legal claims against you.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance?

There are some exceptions, but if your business has at least one employee then the likelihood is you will need employers liability insurance. That’s because The Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Regulations 1998, made employers liability insurance cover of at least £5 million compulsory for any individual or company with employees. The exceptions include: - Limited companies where the owner is the only employee, and owns 50% or more of the issued shares. - Businesses that are not limited companies and only employ close family members

What is an Employee?

An employee is someone who works part-time or full-time under an employment contract.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Temporary Workers?

Yes, the requirement for employers liability insurance extends to businesses using temporary or casual workers that are employed on a short-term contract and ad-hoc basis – whether they are clerical or manual workers.

Do I Need Employers Liability Insurance if I Use Sub-contractors?

That depends on whether you use “labour-only” or what’s known as “Bona Fide” sub-contractors. You’ll need employers liability insurance if you use labour-only sub-contractors – but Bona Fide sub-contractors are not treated as employees for insurance purposes.

*1 Cover may differ dependent upon insurer.

*2 As with most insurance – terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. You can request full details by simply contacting us.

Related News

Make Sure You’re Properly Protected

22nd January 2018

Not all insurance policies are the same – so you may need expert help before you buy.

Certsure Announces New Relationship with SME Insurance Services

11th August 2017

Providing NICEIC and ELECSA Insurance Services to tradespeople in the UK

A Quick Guide to Insurance

20th July 2017

From Liability Protection to Motor and Property – Find out Which Types of Insurance you Might Need